Unraid Dedicated Server Hosting for Team Fortress 2
Here are the minimum requirements for 24 players.
- An HDD, SSD, or NVMe cache or dedicated drive with at least 10 GBs of free space
- 4+ CPU Cores (2.0GHz+)
- 6GB of RAM
TeamFortress2 / ich777's Repository / GameServers
As App ID enter the GAME_ID from the template, in this case, 440 and as Memo simply enter so that you can identify which Token is for which server, in this case, TF2
- 1.Download and Install ich777’s TeamFortress2 container.
- 1.Copy the token that you've created and append it like "+sv_setsteamaccount YOURTOKEN" to the GAME_PARAMS in the template:
Done, click "Apply" and let the container install. Wait several minutes before configuring the server, keep an eye on the logs, the download can take very long depending on your download speed.
Now that you have waited several minutes for the game to download you should be able to see it on your local network by going to the Steam Server Browser (View -> Servers -> LAN):
Now that you have completed everything above, you will now need to forward the ports so friends can join.
- 27015 UDP - GamePort
- 27015 TCP - RCON (optional)
This step varies depending on your individual router. You need to forward the above ports to the IP of your Unraid server.
The game files are located in:
/mnt/user/appdata/tf2The maps are located in:
/mnt/user/appdata/tf2/tf/mapsThe resources are located in:
/mnt/user/appdata/tf2/tf/resourcesThe configuration files are located in:
server.cfg - This is a preconfigured server.cfg that is meant to go into
/mnt/user/appdata/tf2/tf/cfg/(restart the server after putting it in the appropriate directory)
- 1.Download and extract the *.bsp (actual map), *.nav (file for Bots) and *.jpg files from the archive. - If the *.nav or *.jpg files are missing in the archive, don't worry the real important file is the *.bsp file - It also may be possible that a resources folder is included in the archive, if so simply extract the resources to the resources folder from your game
- 2.Go to your maps folder and place the extracted files there
- 3.Start the container
- 2.Extract the contents from the downloaded archive directly into /mnt/user/appdata/tf2/tf
- 4.Extract the contents from the downloaded archive directly into /mnt/user/appdata/tf2/tf
- 6.Navigate to the folder /mnt/user/appdata/ft2/tf/addons and replace the metamod.vdf file with the one that you've downloaded
To ensure that SourceMod and MetaMod are working you can RCON into it and issue the command "meta version" and "sm version"- this should give various information about SourceMod and MetaMod.
- 1.Remove "+sv_setsteamaccount YOURTOKEN" that you've appended to the GAME_PARAMS in Step 3 (don't forget to delete the token that you've created in Step 2 too).
- 2.Set "sv_lan 0" to "sv_lan 1" in the server.cfg file
If you want to rename your server name see the preconfigured server.cfg or create a server.cfg file with the entry: hostname "YOURSERVERNAME" Replace YOURSERVERNAME with your preferred server name (keep in mind this value should be in double-quotes).
By default the server has no password, if you want to create a password see the preconfigured server.cfg or create a server.cfg file with the entry:
By default the server has no RCON password this means that RCON is disabled by default. If you want to create an RCON password see the preconfigured server.cfg or create a server.cfg file with the entry:
You have two ways of accessing RCON:
- 1.Through the game enabling the developer console
- 2.Through the plugin RCON from ich777 in the CA App
- Make sure all the ports are forwarded correctly with the appropriate protocol.
- Don't translate Steam ports from for example 27015 to 27016 in the template, this won't work in most cases and for most game servers, to change the port do the following:
- 1.Open up the Docker template and delete the port forwarding for UDP - GamePort
- 2.Click on "Show more settings ..."
- 3.Change the value at GAME_PORT to the new port that you want to use (in this example we are using 27016)
- 4.Delete the default UDP Port with the value 27015
- 5.Create a new port mapping with the Host and Container port 27016 and also make sure to select UDP and click on "Add" like:
- 1.Click on "Apply" to apply the new settings Here is an overview of what you have to do in the template:
Please support the developers and creators involved in this work to help show them some love.
You can support ich777 right here:
We hope you enjoyed this guide. It was copied and edited by our Admin Sycotix.
Our work sometimes takes months to research and develop. If you want to help support us please consider:
Last modified 3mo ago